Tuesday 24 March 2015

Ben post #3

3. I am now eating breakfast with rice noodles and vegetables. As soon and we finish eating We head down to the boats to start fishing. We pull out the bamboo boat. He tells me to fetch the paddles from the shack. We head a little bit upstream and stick our nets in the water. We catch prawns, small fish, and many other fish. He thanks me for the help and waves goodbye. I start to realize that I need to get down stream faster. So I try to speed down the river. Pretty soon my face is freezing because of the wind. I decide to slow down. The Mountains are making a valley and the yangtze runs right through it. The finless porpoises rely on the yangtze fish to survive..  The river sturgeon and the baiji dolphin also need the Yangtze river to survive. The landscape around me is getting flatter as we reach the big city. My leg of the journey will be over before I know it. As I slowly float down the Yangtze river I pass a group of finless porpoises, one came up to my boat. These animals need the yangtze. If anything happened to the yangtze they would be screwed and go extinct. I stop at a restaurant to have a bite. The owner and chef was Hui Jong. He served me fresh fish with garlic and a lot of salt. I asked him why he put soo much salt. He said it is  because it is soo cheap because there are salt miners everywhere and the salt is really popular to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment